3 Factors To Consider When Choosing Motorcycle Shipping Services
Whether you just bought a shiny new bike or are flying cross country to your new home and need to get your motorcycle there, we can help.
If you’re like the many bikers we work with, there are few non-negotiables when it comes to transporting your wheels. In no specific order, these typically include…
- Dealing with an experienced motorcycle shipping company.
- Knowing your bike is protected at all times.
- Understanding when your bike will arrive and having a single point of contact at your transport company.
- Getting your motorcycle to your destination quickly and safely. After all… you’re itching for a ride!
When it comes to shipping your motorcycle, you’ve got options. The challenge is weeding out the experienced motorcycle transport companies from those that promise you the world, only to crash and burn. We’ll cover the how’s of picking a motorcycle shipping company in a later blog. In short, though, do not choose a company solely on price. Yep, run, ride, just get the heck outta dodge if a price seems to good to be true.
Now, let’s cover the three factors to consider when choosing motorcycle transport.
- Time Frame: Pickup and delivery times frames are impacted by the distance of the shipment, the remoteness of the pickup and/or delivery location, weather and road conditions. Discuss the pickup and delivery timeframes up-front with your transporter, both what you expect and what they can deliver. Scheduling in advance will help you get the best quote, as will avoiding major holidays and severe weather.
- Shipping Equipment: Most door-to-door motorcycle transports are done enclosed. Beacon Shipping Logistics uses only motorcycle shipping services with trailers that are rigged for transporting bikes; that have tracks or shoes on the floor that the front wheels fit into. The bike is secured at the front and rear using soft tie-down straps.
- Price: Like everything else in the world, you get what you pay for. Lowball, “teaser” quotes can extend your motorcycle shipping delivery date by weeks. Whether you are shipping a mini-bike or a full-size cruiser, the shipping cost will likely be the same amount.
Choosing a specialized motorcycle shipping service may cost you a little bit more, but the convenience and peace of mind make it well worth the added expense.
We are happy to provide you with a free, same-day quote for shipping your motorcycle.
For reliable, honest, and fast transport, call Beacon Shipping Logistics at 855-374-4748, or request a quote.