Purchasing a Car From Out of State – A Step by Step Guide
Thinking about purchasing a new or used vehicle from out of state? We don’t blame you – purchasing a car from out of state can save you bucks. What’s more, you can also find a car in pristine condition when you hand pick your car online. This would come in handy if you live in an urban, crowded city.
Ready to roll? We’ve got you covered with this checklist:
- First off, you’ll need to pick out which car you want to buy. There are many websites you can use to shop around from out of state, like CarsDirect. After you’ve found the car of your dreams, you will have to set up financing or pay the seller directly.
- Choose a vehicle shipping service. After you’ve purchased the car you want, you’ll want to ship the vehicle so you can get on the road. Call us biased, but we believe Beacon is the shipping company to go with. It couldn’t be any easier to work with Beacon shipping – fill out a form and you’ll get a quote in five minutes.
- Keep the shipping company in the loop. You’ll want to provide your shipping company with important details like the seller’s name and address.
- Sit back and wait. Beacon makes the process easy for you, contacting the seller and arranging a pickup for your car.
- Pick up the vehicle. After the shipping company gets your new vehicle they will provide you with important details, like arrival time, place and a date. When you receive your car, you’ll need to visually inspect the car – it’s an opportunity for you to be confident that there is no damage.
- Sign the paperwork, grab the keys and go!
Car Shipping FAQs
How do car shipping companies calculate your fee?
The price depends on a few factors, actually. The distance between destinations is one such factor. Another element that will impact the shipping fee is the size and type of car. Bigger cars eat up more gasoline and are inconvenient to move. Therefore, larger cars will increase your fee. If you would like extra protection, you can also opt to have the shipping company store the car, which also raises the fee.
What can I do to cut corners?
First, you should look into buying a new car closer to you. Next, you’ll want to check in with car dealerships in your vicinity, just to ensure that you are saving a significant amount of cash by shipping from out of state.
Beacon is pioneering the car shipping industry by offering reliable service and excellent customer service. Beacon includes insurance on all quotes, you only have to speak to a single point of contact, and even offer after-hours support. That being said, whether you choose Beacon or not, we highly recommend following our step by step guide and taking the factors we discussed into consideration. Good luck, and happy shipping!